Why hello there!
Just finished reading this little blue book written by the unorthodox economist Ha-Joon Chang.
It gives a little bit of everything, just enough to make you question the things that matter today. In its own way, it’s a little ‘hipster’-ish because it separates itself from most introductory books in a few ways:
- It considers a large chunk of other schools of thought
- The facts and figures are the least of your concerns. It’s as readable as any children’s storybook
- It doesn’t give you the impression that it’s biased/inclined toward one school of thought (which is what MOST textbooks are like)
- Each section contains a memorable pitch (a sentence) so you never forget what’s the gist
- It debunks myths and faces the tough questions people don’t usually ask
The pitch: if you think economics is a difficult subject, this book will make you think otherwise.